24 October 2007

What is the purpose?

One old man had completed his medical check up with a doctor of his age. After the routine physical examination the doctor looked at the reports of his patient and smiled.
Patient: Doctor, how are my reports?
Doc: Excellent for your age.

Patient: How long will I live?
Doc: how old are you?

Patient: I have completed 65 years last week.
Doc: that’s very good, but why you want to know about your destiny?

Patient: I have enough money for another fifty years, that’s why.

Doc: Do you drink?
Patient: no, never.

Doc: that’s very good. Do you smoke?
Patient: no doctor, I hate the smell of smoke.

Doc: Do you gamble?
Patient: No never.

Doc: When did you have your last sexual activity?
Patient: Some 15 years back when my wife was alive.

Doc: Are you fond of girls or women?
Patient: No doctor I treat them like my mother and sisters.

Doc: So Mr. Mohapatra, you don’t drink, you don’t like sex, you hate smoking, you never gamble but you like to live long, isn’t it? And you are not doing any thing except reading news paper and watching TV!!No public service too.

Patient: yes doctor you are very much right.

Doctor: Then you don’t deserve to live even for a moment on this earth. Never come to me again.
The moral of the story is live, live long enough but with a purpose for the mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment