11 January 2009

ENLIGHTMENT

ENLIGHTMENT
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My grand son Sandeep loves to sleep with me inside the same blanket, whenever he comes to spend some time with me at Karanjia a nice place near the Shimilipal hills. Even though he is hardly ten years he snores much louder and in more different tunes than me as if there is some sort of a competition in terms of decibels. My daughter would criticize both of us for the noise we made at night.
As I would fall asleep Sandeep would ask me to tell about the fight for freedom and my encounter with a tiger.
Before I could start he would starts snoring. One night I asked him to write down what he felt was the real problem that India faced and what he thought would be its solution. He had won many prizes in debate and inter-school competitions.
After many reminders he handed over a few neatly written pages.
The real problem, he thought, was “corruption” not the Pakistan versus India impending war. I asked him why he thought this was the problem he immediately told me without wasting a moment that India would not have been in the mess that it is now in.
What about war?
“You know the Mahabharata yudh”? He asked.
“The Kauravas had more man power, arms and ammunitions but the Pandavas were with less man power. The result you know. Who won?? The weaker side: the Kauravas. Why? It was because of the Krishna factor.”
In the present case, the Krishna factor, he said, is China. “So who will win is your guess.” I nodded in the affirmative.
“As regards our army,” he said, “we have not been able to keep a state which is very much ours for the last six decades. We liberated Bangladesh but we are paying a heavy price for it. Half of our electoral population (most of the literate Indians do not vote) in Delhi and north east are from Bangladesh. Our 500 and 1000 rupees notes (fake) are printed elsewhere; there is a parallel economy running in our country for so many years with the knowledge of bank people and politicians, there are so many problems why to blame Pakistan for every thing?
I do not see a solution in near future but we can try this for a year or two.
All our neighboring countries have Presidential form of Government so we can have one for a change. The MPs will elect the President.
Let Doge wood be our president, Prahakiran for Srilanka, Antulllaia for Bangladesh and Chotasumil for Pakistan that will make these four countries the most powerful ones in the world. There will be free drug, arms, currency, human trafficking between them, no pass port no visas. We do not have to spend millions on kickbacks and for wars which will help our scientist to send man to the sun.
The next step will be to have Muslim CM in at least ten states. The home minister will be from a minority community, the defence & finance ministry post will be with Doge wood the President. There will be a special post for BJP minister called religious ministry.
CPM ministry will take care of only two states. They will be in charge of strikes and pollution control in India.
A lady may be a film star of a model will be our external affairs minister.
The education minister will be an uneducated lady.
Maximum jailed film star will be the minister for human rights and hero with maximum body exposures will be in charge of the sports ministry.
For Pakistan Somdhi of Doge wood and Khans will help the president.
With this there will be progress and progress nothing else, so we should give it a try in 2009.”
After going through this write up of my grand-child
Next day I went to the SDO office to return my freedom fighters card which had remained unutilized for years.
One thing was for sure: I got enlightened by my grand child’s logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment