21 February 2011

BUT WHO WILL RELEASE THEM ??



IS OUR SOCIETY CIVILIZED(INDIAN)? YOU DECIDE?

DOUBLE CROSS (A SATIRE)
Just after reaching India I rang up to my class mate and room mate Rabun to find out his where about, so that we could have some fun.
My first few mobile calls were futile but by evening I was fortunate enough to get my call through but it was not his voice, some one who could not understand a single line of what I said to him. When I repeatedly told that I am his friend Arum from America then only I had the access.
What’s the matter I have trying to get you for last few hours but your mobile tower replies he is not reachable, why?
Rabun answered “I have been kidnapped you see”.
“Who could kidnap a powerful administrator like you?”
“They have some demands and I was a soft target”.
“Tell me why they have done this to you?”
“You know --this new type of patriotic people, with foreign arms and ammunition called “OUR INDIA”(OI), have hold the non congress ruled states of our country to ransom and I am one of the victim of their strategy.”
“But it seems you are not at all perturbed?
“Yes- why I should be, they are all my friends and they are taking adequate care of my food and comforts, even they are pouring me with Royal Stag”
“But you are not disclosing why they have kidnapped you?”
“This is a ploy to frighten our brave politicians to divert the opposition attention so that they will not come out of their den for assembly or parliament sessions but demand for the resignation of CM or PM. Last time there was the python fear then the summer fear and now the “OI” fear”.
But your kidnapping has some motive for the “OI”-organization?
“Yes”, they want some “innocent members” to be freed.”
“But they must have done some thing for which the court has given the verdict?”
“Some one has blown up a bus killing 48 human lives, including children, some one has blown up a running train, another has killed some ten to twelve central force jawans or police guards or body guards, like wise but not a single politician was their target!!”
“Do you think the politicians will bow down to their demands and free you?”
“Yes definitely because they are the people who will join their party, as this has become a bench mark qualification for contesting any type of election be it municipal or general”.
“But there is a hue and cry for your release and press and TV people are having more sleepless nights than you?”
“Yes, you are right, but the day I will be released the CM or may be the PM will give me a glass of Tropicana juice, a huge garland , promotion letter and transfer me to my home state for my bravery.?”
We had heart laughter, “but where we will have our dinner at Mastic plaza or Jungle fair?”
OF course at Jungle fair”

No comments:

Post a Comment