03 July 2011

MY REGARDS



Dr.DAMODAR MOHANTY AND HIS WIFE MRS.LOPOMUDRA MOHANTYPhd, were my close friends, well wishers, they are like my elder brother and bhauja, we spent many years staying in the same sector-18 .Dr.D.Mohanty(we fondly call him dam babu)and Dr.BSDash(another friend -close to my heart) helped me to get a seat at BHU for which i still remember them every day.Dr.Mohanty a gentleman to the toe used to call all of us for dinner and entertain us.Few people like dam babu,sadasiv,bhabani ,pkparida,JKP,SKM,Sanjib,Susil padhi,DPRoy,SSChand,KPMishra,kiran mishra,APMohanty(engineer),Asis Das,Manmatha sahu,Mukul raychoudhury,DCMishra,PKNanda,Mihir das,and KCMohanta and some juniors like RBPattnaik,Anil dutta,Niyati swain,Aparajeeta senapati,Ranjan patra have helped me during my stay at Rourkela for which i remain abated to them. Mr.sanat rai,debendra mohanty,Rabi kanungo,Prodosh mishra,Satkodi hota,Gita hota,ProfNitya nanda satpathy,Mr rabindra nath das,satyabrata das and publisher ramakanta mishra deserve special mention for my literary activities.When i am alone and nothing to do at middle of night these friends appear before me and remind me of our good days at Rourkela city.I have left the hospital IGH,Rourkela on 31st december2007 and have not visited it not even once in last three and half years.I am a sentimental man will cry when I will see the mango tree, guava tree, neem trees which have grown big by now and other happy and sorrow moments of life.I am now 63+ have to look ahead but my best days are behind me.I became a complete doctor,a cricketer,a short story writer,a singer, a good orate last but not the last a complete man, all these were possible due to my friends, well wishers and ROURKELA.On this RATHA JATRA DAY I SALUTE you ROURKELA.3-7-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment