02 December 2012

DEATH OF A CLASS MATE

Death of an Ambassador:
Mr. Manilal Tripathi, , holds degrees in Political Science from Ravenshaw College in Cuttack, Orissa, and the University of Delhi. His distinguished diplomatic career has included appointments at the Indian Missions in Kathmandu, Moscow and Kabul, as Consul General at the Indian Mission in Karachi, Deputy Chief of the Indian Mission in Bonn, Ambassador to Romania, Deputy High Commissioner of the Indian Mission in Ottawa and High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Mauritius and the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. He took up his appointment as Ambassador to Japan in November 2003.
Monilal as I used to call him at Baripada school was very intelligent and  had a sharp memory. Once he called me to play foot ball near his house which had a football ground, I was hardly ten years old then, he was much taller and robust in health compared to me, rickety and short. He kicked the football straight  in to my tummy and I collapsed on the ground that was the last time I ever played football.
A close friend of mine and became  a  relation  after my marriage. We are shocked with the news. May his soul rest in peace. I wish I should have met him during my last visit to Delhi in 2011.
Posted by.Dr sanjoy Kumar Satpathy.MD


No comments:

Post a Comment