09 March 2013

OBITUARY

OBITUARY:


(HARMOHAN PRAHARAJ)
He started playing Ranji Trophy the year when I retired from 1st class cricket. I have played against and with him before he joined Rourkela Steel Plant. He started as a number 11 batsmen and an opening bowler for the steel plant and Odisha but with rigorous practice, dedication & commitment improved as a batsman by leaps and bound to become an opening batsman for the state and East Zone. Very up right person & a fighter used to give due respect to the senior players. During the final match of Sir Frank Worrell trophy match at Lucknow he once asked me “when are you going to retire”, I said “very soon” even though I was only twenty seven years old, retired that year for my professional commitments and higher studies. From that time, Honey as we used to call him fondly became one of the leading opening bowlers of East Zone. After the death of his wife he became a different person .The last time I saw him was when I retired from my job at Rourkela.He along with many other cricket players of that time broke the dominance of Bengal and Bihar teams in the Ranji trophy tournament.  All his ex cricket players &   friend send our heartfelt condolence to the family members of Harmohan Praharaj. May God let his soul rest in peace.
Dr.sanjoy Kumar Satpathy,Ex.Joint director SAIL, Rourkela

No comments:

Post a Comment