07 December 2010


Prof:Sanat Ray, an eminent Oriya poet,Critic,president of Cultural Academy and secretary Lok Natak Mohotsav, a familiar and popular figure in Oriya literature expired on 5th of this month after a short illness at a very young age of 52 years.
He is survived by his two sons and a loving and simple house wife Swarnalata Ray.He was like a younger brother to me.I will miss him very much as he was not only a fine critic but a loving person and was attached very closely to my family.He has edited, and corrected many of my short stories before publication.All my family members pray for his soul to rest in peace.If there is rebirth then i would love to have him as my neighbour.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. Prof Sanat Roy was one loving human being deeply engrossed in Oriya literature. Literature flowed from him but he made it a point to encourage and inspire people with hardly any literary bent to write. Many in the steel town have lost a friend whom they used to love from the core of their hearts.
    May God give his family members courage to bear this untimely loss.

    ReplyDelete