31 July 2011

PALM FRUITS AND INDIAN DELICACY





This is a peculiar fruit bearing tree which has male and female trees, see the photograph.Found in tropical countries.When unripe the inside is eaten for it's high potassium and water content but when ripe it gives out a peculiar smell which many people donot like except the people of Mayurbhanjs district of Orissa,India.For making chapati and other edibles the procedure is trouble some hence most of the modern girls do not like to make cake(PITHA) out of it.My sisters Bina pani and Soubhagya manjari who learn the art of making these items(see photo)from my mother and grand mother were kind enough to make some and send it to me.KAKRA-- Taala roti and taala bada.Those ladies who are interested can write to me in my email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment