29 December 2008

News Paper articles for whom?

Articles by special correspondents in news papers for whom?

Recently I came across an article on Mumbai blast which made me think why I did not do my PhD in English in journalism?
I could not make a head or a tail out of what the writer wanted to communicate or express. This is true for most of the special writers who have made a name in Indian press. They think if no body understand what they write so far so good, except few Delhi university and Oxford university professors of English, then they should put it in their thesis rather than giving us headache on their nonsense articles which give them a lively hood. Let them write in such a way that people understand what they wanted to express so that more people know more about it. It’s futile to write for a handful who does not read it and their opinion is put as a packing material in big bazaars.

No comments:

Post a Comment